Onondaga County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs
The Mongolian-Chinese strain of pheasants continue to do well on the corn, sunflower and sorghum providing large, strong flying adult birds.
The Pheasant Program costs continue to rise on an annual basis – feed climbs approximately 10 % per year – the Federation will continue to subsidize this program and will go according to the following guidelines.
- The donation per bird will be $7.00 per bird. Orders should be placed by March 1st.
- To ensure the number of birds requested – A minimum of 50% of the total donation required will be due no later than June 1st – and the balance by Sept. 1st.
- The number of birds ordered will be remain at approximately to 2,500 unless there is strong club support to the contrary.
- Please be sure your members are aware of the overall program details & issues – your feedback is essential in determining our future plans with pheasants.
The necessary 2017 three-part application form is available on this Federation web site (see below):
or request a copy by mail from the phone number at the page bottom.
A few highlights:
- Work days to get both pens operating is essential. An email address will ensure updates.
- Support is available for youth, women, senior & disabled sportsmen – if you are planning to have such hunts, please provide the details as soon as possible.
- Appreciate return of applications as soon as possible – questions or issues please contact me…phone or email.
OCFS Board of Directors – Pheasant Coordinator
Ed Pugliese | 4755 Troop K Rd, Manlius, NY 13104 | (315) 263-6699 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org