Onondaga County Federation of Sportsmen’s Clubs
The 2017 OCFSC Pheasant Program again produced a regular Fall release of hardy, strong flying pheasants. Overall production was down slightly (approx. 75% success) due to early loss of 1 to 5 day old chicks. Potential causes have been isolated & targeted for 2018 improvement.
The Mongolian-Chinese pheasants continue to do well on the corn, sunflower & sorghum.
The Pheasant Program feed remains the largest ongoing costs. Recently prices leveled somewhat and accordingly the requested donation for 2018 will again remain at $7.00 per bird.
- Orders should be placed with me by March 1st.
- To ensure the number of birds requested – A minimum of 50% of the total donation required will be due no later than June 1st – and the balance by Sept. 1st.
- The number of birds ordered for the 2018 program will be approximately 2,300 unless there is strong club support to the contrary.
- Please be sure your members are aware of the overall program details & issues – your feedback is essential in determining our future plans with pheasants.
The required 2018 three-part application form is available on the bottom of this webpage:
or request a copy by mail or email from me.
A few highlights:
- Work days to get both pens operating is essential. An email address will ensure updates.
- OCFSC donated bird / support is available for youth, women, senior & disabled sportsmen – if you are planning to have such hunts, please provide the details as soon as possible.
- Appreciate return of applications as soon as possible – questions or issues please contact me…phone or email.
OCFS Board of Directors – Pheasant Coordinator
Ed Pugliese | 4755 Troop K Rd, Manlius, NY 13104 | (315) 263-6699 | e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org